The network exists to bring together a diverse group of people and organisations who share a common passion: To support the growth of social enterprise initiatives within Swindon via collaboration, and the sharing of skills, resources, knowledge & experience.
What the network will aspire to offer: A vehicle for promoting social change through joined-up thinking and working via:
- An online searchable membership directory that will enable existing/aspiring SE’s to log their support needs, partners to log the resources they are willing to offer and ultimately the ability to match the two together
- Monthly networking events with guest speakers of direct relevance to SE
- Business start-up support for those wanting to know how to go about starting up an SE
- Business modules: Such as funding, finance/accounting, sales & marketing, human resources, health & safety etc
- Advice on the most appropriate legal entity to establish an SE
- Working with the colleges and sixth forms to introduce students to the idea of SE
- Interaction with organisations and community groups representing those furthest from employment
- Education on such subjects as: Community funding, social investment bonds, and social outcome evaluation
Whether you are an up and running social enterprise, aspiring to become a social enterprise, or want to support and engage with social enterprise in Swindon; membership is open to you. Join our network today.