Climate change, driven by the dramatic increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is the most significant threat to the health of our environment and therefore ourselves.
We now know that if we are to prevent a catastrophic rise in global warming that we need to cut our greenhouses gas emissions in half by 2030 and ultimately to zero by 2050. Understanding the full climate impact of your business, and working to reduce it, is one of the most important things you can do to help safeguard the future for the next generation.
There can always be a host of excuses for not making the effort to look at your business’s “carbon impact”, after all let’s face it just doing everyday business in these times of the global pandemic can be a major challenge.
However, business is about return on investment: Many organisations are now attracting new customers because they are able to demonstrate tangible positive environmental and social impact.
You may not know that 75% of the UK population now wants to buy from businesses that take the environment seriously and two-thirds of the millennial generation want to work for a business that is doing environmental or social good. Taking these issues seriously is rapidly becoming vital for not only attracting and retaining customers but also employees. It may well become a critical factor for growing your business over the next 5-10 years.
Potential competitive advantage accepted what do you do next, where do you start, what changes can you make and how do you clearly show what you are doing? Chances are there is no one in your business who is an expert in this! However, you don’t have to do it alone:
You can get the support you need to calculate and understand what your carbon footprint is. Help to find the right suppliers and technologies for your business to help reduce your emissions and to tell your customers and employees about what you are doing in an open, honest and transparent way.
GO CLIMATE POSITIVE are specialists in assisting businesses determined to make a difference on climate change. They can help you:
- Calculate: Establish the full carbon footprint of your business.
- Reduce: By setting ambitious but sensible targets to reduce your footprint and creating a practical action plan to get there.
- Offset: What you can’t directly reduce can be offset on your behalf using independently verified carbon credits.
- Certificate: Gain meaningful certification and create a web page that transparently publishes both your footprint and your commitments to reduce and offset it. You can see an example here.
- Ongoing: Supporting you, encouraging you to stay on track, giving tips and advice and putting you in touch with other businesses on the same journey.
- Go Carbon Positive: Saving more carbon than you create by working with your suppliers and customers to reduce their footprint too.
T: 01684 342340
A typical certification page: www.go-positive.co.uk/geckota